7 Tips to Keep Your Healing
You did it! You finished your inner healing session and you experienced FREEDOM! No shackles to those heavy lies that were distracting. You feel lighter. It feels good. You have the truth directly from the Creator Himself. You are renewed and fresh. LOVE this feeling!
Then a week goes by.
That feeling has started to evaporate. You start to have little thoughts of that toxic lie. It is trying to resurface it's ugly 'ol self.
The following tips (should they be followed...ahem) will allow you to keep that healing. If they do not, there is a possibility that some other issue has emerged that needs to be dealt with. If so, deal with it.
At the same time, nurture the healing you have received.
Think of it this way; you just had surgery to replace your tooth. While your tooth is fixed, it still needs to time to recuperate. Depending on how deep your emotional wound was, you may need to really disciple yourself until the truth has really settled in.
I am hopeful these 7 tips will guide you in the practice of keeping your healing whenever you are healed.
7 represents wholeness, completion, and perfection.
There are still many days that something will come up that I need a good dose of God's truth. Using these tips helps me remember all that God is doing in my life.
Your SEVEN Tips
1. Journal what happened in your inner healing session. If you do not, you will forget the details. You will. We all do. Also date it. You will be glad you did.
2. Thank Father God for your healing and share your testimony. Ask Him to seal it with Jesus' blood so that the healing is seared into your soul.
Sounds kinda gross, but Jesus' blood is a remembrance of Him dying for you (recall the Last Supper?). The symbol of His blood is holy and binding. See Galatians 5:1 "Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage."
And 1 Peter 2:24: "...who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sin, might live for righteousness--by whose stripes you were healed."
Revelation 12:11 says: "...They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony..." Luke 8:39 says: "Return to your home, and declare how much God has done for you.” And he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city how much Jesus had done for him." Psalm 66:16 states: "Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will tell what he has done for my soul.
Sharing your testimony gives God the glory, can heal others when they hear your testimony (or open their hearts to receive healing) and can get people hungry for more of God.
3. Ask God if there are any footholds for the enemy to come back to. If so, make sure you follow His leading into how to tackle those.
Common ones are:
Not casting out a demon that was attached to the lie (they get weaker when you know the truth, but they don't always go away on their own). Ephesians 4:27 says "do not give the enemy a foothold." (a.k.a. do not give him a legal right to be in your life).
4. Meditate on your healing. I recommend doing this daily for at least a week. Then you can taper down from there (If you feel led to). Meditate on the truth that He gave you. See the vision of healing He showed you. Feel that energy of being healed.
Continue to thank Him for His truth as you meditate on His words.
5. Recognizing old habits and routine. Sometimes we forget we are healed and allow those old habits to lead us. Ugh. When you catch yourself, remind yourself that you have been healed and you have new ways to handle situations now. It is like you are teaching a new part of you what the deal is.
Depending on what was healed up, you may need much more counseling on this part. If you are feeling lost and confused with life, please see a counselor who can help you. An inner healer may or may not be a counselor.
6. Read scripture that correlates to your healing and personalize it. Put your name in that verse to make it come alive to you. For example:
7. Create something to remind you of your healing. In one of my healing sessions, Jesus showed me a toy giraffe (ha! right?) to help me remember His truth for me. I drew that toy in my journal. If you feel led, paint a picture, make a collage, color, make something out of clay....just keep that image handy. It is such a helpful tool to bring you back to your freedom.
There are probably other lists out there to help with keeping your healing. Look at those too! These are the top 7 that are easy to follow and accomplish.
I love looking over my old journals to see what was healed up. Many times I do not ever remember that the issue was an issue to begin with! It is also helpful to look at the dates.
Sometimes there will be a lie that was healed, but I had forgotten to use my steps....old thinking habits came back in and the lie settled back in (yeah, that can happen. You know, free will and all that...)
When that happens, review the words you wrote. Ask God to forgive you for allowing bad habits to rule your mind. Ask for His truth to sear your brain again. Then follow the steps this time :-)
Your action steps:
Follow these directions :-)
May you be blessed as you hold onto your freedom!
Cheering you on!